Oct. 29, Oct. 29, the Pentagon will deploy 5,000 active military personnel along the U. S. -Mexico border to prevent the illegal entry of caravan immigrants from the United States and China into the United States.
The US military said it planned to send 1,000 people to the border and decided to send 5,000 after assessing the situation, according to a US website today. It is reported that the troops will not participate in the day-to-day law enforcement activities, but mainly to provide support for border patrol personnel, especially in immigrant groups trying to break into the border to respond quickly.
About 2,100 National Guards have been deployed along the U.S. -Mexico border, as ordered by U.S. President Trump earlier this year. In recent weeks, Trump has repeatedly highlighted the threat of immigration from Central America, calling immigrants in caravans gangsters and some very bad people. At present, these immigrants are estimated to be around 5000, and are still close to Mexico through the United States.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security officials said Trump is expected to give a speech on the 30th to propose further action to stop caravan immigrants, which may include restricting or abolishing their right to apply for asylum. US media said this would cause strong protests from civil rights groups.
Please go back, you wont be allowed to enter the United States unless you go through the legal process, Trump wrote on Twitter this morning. This is an invasion of our country, and our troops are waiting for you.