This young man is the youngest diabetic foot that we have received so far. Those who get diabetic foot, or rotten feet, are generally patients with a longer history of diabetes. The national average age of diabetic foot patients is over 60 years old. Li Lin, deputy chief physician of the young man in charge.
Why did his diabetes develop so quickly to the point of rotten feet? Because this guy especially loves to wear pointy shoes.
20 years old physical examination found diabetes
Wearing pointy leather shoes, worn feet, and ulcerated toes.
Young man surnamed Zhang (alias), who lives in Yuhang, about eight meters, weighing 210 Jin. Xiao Zhang inherited his father from an early age, fat, plus the only son, the family are more spoiled and drowned in him, so Xiao Zhang did not have restraint in eating and drinking, want to eat what to eat, want to drink what to drink, Xiao Zhang became fatter.
About two or three years ago, Xiao Zhang knew he had diabetes through a physical examination. His fasting blood glucose was often 20 mmol / L (normal people around 6 mmol / L), but he felt embarrassed to get diabetes at a young age, consciously did not have too bad symptoms, did not talk to his parents, did not go to treatment.
Xiao Zhang, who has diabetes, has an interest in reading: wearing pointed shoes.
(graph source network)
He wants to be beautiful, that is to say, he feels good-looking pointed shoes, high school like to wear, buy the kind of shoe vamp are narrow. Xiao Zhangs mother told Dr. Lee.
Some time ago, Xiao Zhang bought a new pair of leather shoes. The new shoes rubbed his feet, and he broke the fourth toe of Xiao Zhangs left foot. Most peoples toes are broken, and they may be fine after two days. But Xiao Zhang is different, he has diabetes, diabetic skin ulceration is particularly difficult to heal, and easy to be infected by bacteria.
So, Xiao Zhang this small wound, to the end unexpectedly bigger and deeper, diabetic peripheral nerve is not sensitive, Xiao Zhang does not feel pain. Later, his fourth toes turned black.
At the end of August, he began to have a fever. He didnt go to the hospital with a fever. He stayed at home for four or five days. He couldnt stand it until he went to the nearby hospital and showed the doctor his toes. Dr. Li Lin asked in detail the history of Xiao Zhang.
At this time, Xiao Zhang has a high fever of 39.5 degrees, and his consciousness is blurred. The fourth toe of his left foot was completely ulcerated, the tendons, bones and joints were all necrotic and black, the ulcerated surface had spread to the dorsum of the foot, and bacteria had entered the blood causing sepsis.
Hospitals dare not neglect, knowing that the hospital has a research on the diagnosis and treatment of diabetic foot, quickly use an ambulance to transfer Xiao Zhang to another large hospital emergency.
Normal people also dont recommend wearing long pointed shoes for a long time.
After receiving the treatment, Dr. Li found that Xiao Zhangs feet were badly deformed because they had been wearing pointed shoes for a long time, and Xiao Zhangs toes could not be flat and folded up. Even without looking at the rotted fourth toe, his second toe had been arched over his thumb and third toe, becoming a triangle.
The situation is serious, Xiao Zhangs fourth toe has rotted away, diabetic foot progress quickly, in a few days can rot to the entire foot. Dr. Lis Department of endocrinology, hand and foot surgery, wound care, ultrasound, infection, bacteria room, anesthesia, etc., for Zhang blood glucose control, anti-infection, local debridement, plus antibiotic cement local implantation, plus two-stage closed wound, finally retained most of Xiao Zhangs left foot.
Our hospital has a multi-disciplinary joint diagnosis and treatment center for diabetic foot, with a concentration of multi-disciplinary advantages, aiming to reduce the amputation rate of diabetic foot patients and to preserve their limb function as much as possible. The amputation rate of diabetic foot in China is around 18%, while that in our hospital is only 9/1000. Traditionally, amputation is below the knee. It is still very important for patients to remove only the necrotic toes, keep the feet and even the legs, and consequently retain the normal walking function. Dr. Li Lin said.
Although Xiao Zhang can still walk in the future, but parents are worried: so young become this way, how can we find a girlfriend in the future. Even normal people are not advised to wear pointed leather shoes for a long time. Even without rotten feet, the toe bones will be deformed by long-term compression, and many orthopaedic problems will occur in later life, Dr. Li said.
(source of friends circle)
Loose, dry, clean, soft contact.
Dr. Li said that the peripheral nerves of diabetes mellitus patients feel dull, and it is not easy to heal after the wound appears, so special attention should be paid to foot maintenance, so as not to complicate diabetic foot.
1. Keep your feet clean, warm water (hand touch is not hot, must be hand touch, cant use foot test) wash your feet, cant soak for too long. When you dry, you should pay special attention to drying your toes.
2. Keep your feet and toes dry and sweaty. Dry your feet and apply talcum powder. The feet are too dry to apply skin care products, such as silicone cream, Vaseline, etc.
3. Check every part of the feet every day to see if there are blisters or damage, once found, take early treatment measures, do not understand to the hospital by the doctor. 4. when you cut your toenails, avoid cutting your skin. Do not cut your own cocoons and corns, and look for a doctor. 5. The contact surface with the feet should be loose, clean and comfortable loose-mouthed cotton socks, not barefoot walking, at home had better wear soft-soled cloth shoes, do not wear plastic slippers (easy to wear feet). 6. shoes should be spacious and well ventilated. It is best to leave one finger at a distance. Do not wear shoes barefoot, do not wear toe sandals, do not wear high heels. 7. in summer or in areas where the sun is strong, feet should be covered with sunscreen. Wear warm shoes in winter and get wet when wet. No electric mattress, hot water bag, no sauna bath, no warm type family physiotherapy instrument. Source: urban express, responsible editor: Wang Lishan _NBJS7182
3. Check every part of the feet every day to see if there are blisters or damage, once found, take early treatment measures, do not understand to the hospital by the doctor.
4. when you cut your toenails, avoid cutting your skin. Do not cut your own cocoons and corns, and look for a doctor.
5. The contact surface with the feet should be loose, clean and comfortable loose-mouthed cotton socks, not barefoot walking, at home had better wear soft-soled cloth shoes, do not wear plastic slippers (easy to wear feet).
6. shoes should be spacious and well ventilated. It is best to leave one finger at a distance. Do not wear shoes barefoot, do not wear toe sandals, do not wear high heels.
7. in summer or in areas where the sun is strong, feet should be covered with sunscreen. Wear warm shoes in winter and get wet when wet. No electric mattress, hot water bag, no sauna bath, no warm type family physiotherapy instrument.