A senior official at the US Department of Commerce said late local time in April 20th that the Ministry of Commerce had agreed to ZTEs request to provide more information to the Ministry of Commerce. The official said at the same time, we do not believe that it is appropriate to maintain sanctions. Under the US institutional regulations, ZTE has no administrative appeal rights, but the agency has agreed to receive relevant evidence from ZTE through informal procedures. This is the first time that the US side has heard the voice of ZTE, after the ZTE ban was activated. On the 17 day, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce responded that it hoped that the US side would properly handle the matter according to the law. At the same time, the Ministry of Commerce of China will pay close attention to the progress of the situation and stand ready to take necessary measures to safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of Chinese enterprises. The initiative is in the Commerce Department of the United States On Monday, the U. S. Department of Commerce announced a ban on spare parts, software and technology to ZTE for 7 years. It said ZTE lied to US government personnel and did not fully comply with the settlement agreement that had been reached on time. In March 2017, ZTE agreed with the US government to resolve a violation of the embargo law. The settlement included a fine of over $800 million, expulsion of 4 executives and punishment of 35 managers in exchange for the US Commerce Department to stop the 7 year embargo on ZTE. At present, the US Department of Commerce believes that the punishment of 35 managers has not occurred according to the information they have grasped. Now, the initiative is entirely in the US Department of Commerce, said the lawyer in charge of the first financial reporter. In March 2017, the reconciliation agreement between ZTE and the US Department of Commerce explicitly abandoned all administrative reconsideration, judicial review and other relief measures. ZTE also promised not to comment publicly or deny all accusations. It seems that ZTE was worried about taking legal steps with the US Department of Commerce. At the beginning, ZTE US employees handed over the internal documents to the US government, exposing all the ZTE measures to avoid the US embargo laws in Iran before the US government. Subsequently, ZTE made a big concession and reached a settlement agreement with the United States. Among them, the settlement agreement has made it clear that ZTE must fulfil all commitments before it is exempt from punishment for the 7 year embargo. Or can be reconciled again The latest statement by the US Commerce Department officials seems to be a bit of a chance to stop the 7 year embargo on ZTE. This time, the U. S. commerce department allows ZTE to provide more evidence, literally giving ZTE a fair chance to prove that the U. S. commerce department may be wrong, and ZTE actually complied with all the previous commitments. The court decision is not acceptable, and the appeal can be appealed, but there is no way to appeal the settlement agreement. However, it is also an opportunity to submit evidence. If we now emphasize all the provisions of the settlement agreement, it is impossible for the US Department of Commerce to believe and stop sanctions. Now we must learn from it, rebuild our trust and strive for a new settlement agreement for the failure of the settlement agreement. Cai Jingming, chief lawyer of the Tianhua law firm, told the first financial reporter. He was a senior legal adviser to the Yahoo Corp. In fact, the experience of ZTE is unique in the history of the United States. In 2005, Boeing had a large number of scandals. It first used a military grade chip that banned exports on 737 airliner for export, bribed the Ministry of defense by providing the work of the children of the Ministry of defense officials, and unlawfully acquired a large number of secrets by the executives of the rival Lockhead Martin company. All of these made Boeing an object of investigation by the US Department of justice. In the end, Boeing had 15 vice presidents to step down, and 3 faced criminal charges. Boeing also signed a settlement agreement and paid a huge ticket of $615 million. After that, Boeing did not charge the fine as the operating cost deductible business tax in accordance with the tax law, and made a $200 million tax more than the legal requirement to avoid becoming a target for the Boeing attacks by Congress and the media in the future, so that Boeing would not be in a bad situation in future government procurement cases. For ZTE, Boeings case is of reference. Source: first financial responsibility editor: Hou Wei Cheng _NT4124 For ZTE, Boeings case is of reference.