Macao Casino has been closed for business since Typhoon mangosteen: the first time in history.

category:Society click:212
 Macao Casino has been closed for business since Typhoon mangosteen: the first time in history.


Overseas network September 16 news, affected by super typhoon mangosteen, on the evening of September 15, the Macao Special Administrative Region Government Spokesmans Office announced that all casinos in Australia will suspend gambling activities from 11:00 p.m. on the 15th.

The spokesmans Office of the SAR Government pointed out that the situation was critical because of the impact of typhoon mangosteen, and the Macao Civil Defense Centre had made a comprehensive assessment and reported to the Chief Executive of the SAR. In order to ensure the safety of staffs, passengers and residents, the HKSAR government has been coordinating and consulting with six gambling enterprises. All casinos in Australia have suspended all gambling activities from 11 pm on the 15th. The CDC will assess the overall situation in Australia after the typhoon and recommend that casinos be reopened to the outside world while ensuring the safety of the public and all parties concerned.

On September 15, the Macau SAR Government Spokesmans Office joined forces with various departments to hold a work conference on the response to typhoon mangosteen. Chen Zhiping, a spokesman for the SAR government, said that mangosteen would affect Macau in the short term and that various departments of the SAR government had prepared a lot of work in advance. The Macao Meteorological Bureau issued a red storm surge warning at 9 pm on 15, and the evacuation will be implemented in low-lying areas. The SAR government appealed to the public to do all preventive work to cope with the super typhoon.

The meteorological department said that the super typhoon mangosteen is expected to be closest to Macao at noon on the 16 day. Huang Shaozze, Director of the Security Department, said that the evening of the 15th and 16th of the typhoon was a critical moment. Various measures, including evacuation in low-lying areas, needed to be carried out in a short period of time. The security forces and the relevant departments in charge of security had carried out a large number of publicity, drills and lectures, and had contacted various households. In order to make the public and passengers more aware of the relevant measures, press conferences were held in accordance with the instructions of the Chief Executive to release relevant information. He hoped that the media would give strong support and assistance to timely report the relevant information, so that the public and passengers can more accurately understand the details of the relevant measures process and matters needing attention. He also appealed to citizens and tourists to stay at home and hotels as much as possible, and to give up transport resources to those in need.

At the same time, Chen Zhiping, a spokesman for the SAR government, appealed to all sectors of the community not to misbelieve or transmit information of unknown or unconfirmed origin during the typhoon, and to pay close attention to the information issued by the SAR government.

According to Hong Kong media, the gaming industry in Macau suffered a heavy blow during the Sky Pigeon attack last year. Nearly half of the casinos had to shut down their lights. There were flooding and blackouts in some casinos. As a result of the outage, the market value of the five major casino operators evaporated by about 6 billion yuan a day. It is reported that there were casinos demanding workers to go to work in the rain. And the Macao SAR government has announced that it will suspend all gambling activities in Macao entertainment venues. It should be the first time in history that casinos have never been closed, said Zhou Rufang, chairman of the New Macau Gaming Employee Rights Council. It also indicated that before the announcement by the SAR government, some casinos near the sea had taken the initiative to apply to the Gaming Supervision and Coordination Bureau for closure. Zhou Rufang said he was satisfied with the governments human-oriented decision. Compared with casino workers who had to work during last years Tianpigeon attack on Australia, they no longer had to risk their lives. Source: overseas web editor: Xu Meng _NN7485

According to Hong Kong media, the gaming industry in Macau suffered a heavy blow during the Sky Pigeon attack last year. Nearly half of the casinos had to shut down their lights. There were flooding and blackouts in some casinos. As a result of the outage, the market value of the five major casino operators evaporated by about 6 billion yuan a day. It is reported that there were casinos demanding workers to go to work in the rain. And the Macao SAR government has announced that it will suspend all gambling activities in Macao entertainment venues.

It should be the first time in history that casinos have never been closed, said Zhou Rufang, chairman of the New Macau Gaming Employee Rights Council. It also indicated that before the announcement by the SAR government, some casinos near the sea had taken the initiative to apply to the Gaming Supervision and Coordination Bureau for closure. Zhou Rufang said he was satisfied with the governments human-oriented decision. Compared with casino workers who had to work during last years Tianpigeon attack on Australia, they no longer had to risk their lives.