According to foreign media reports, on September 14 (Beijing time), the 28th first Funny Nobel Prize awarding ceremony was held at Harvard University Sanders Theatre in the United States.
The funny Nobel prize (IgNobelPrizes) is an interesting imitation of the Nobel prize. Its name comes from the combination of Ignoble (dishonorable) and NobelPrize (Nobel prize).
It was sponsored by the Annalsof Improbable Research (AIR), and some of the judges were genuine Nobel laureates. The purpose is to select those that are laughable and thought-provoking at first glance.
Since 1991, awards have been presented once a year. The scientific achievements to be included in the funny Nobel Prize must be unusual and stimulate interest in science, medicine and technology.
This year, the theme of the funny Nobel prize is heart. Organizers say the subject applies to a wide variety of things, with 10 recent laughing Nobel prize winners, whose research looks funny but thought-provoking. The following is the winners list and research results:
1, medical prize: roller coaster can accelerate the abscission of renal calculus.
Winners: Mark Mitchell (MarcMitchell) and David Bottinger (DavidWartinger)
2. Anthropology: Evidence gathered in the zoo confirms that chimpanzees imitate humans as often as humans imitate chimpanzees and do as well.
Winners: Tomas Persson, Gabriela - Alina Sauciuc and Elaine Madsen.
3. Biology: it is confirmed that wine experts can identify whether flies exist in wine cups by odour.
Winners: Paul Becher, Sebastien Lebreton, Erika Wallin, Erik Hedenstrom, Felipe Borrero-Echeverry, Marie Bengtsson, Volcker Georgel (VolkerJorger) and Peter Vizgel (PeterWitzgall).
4. Chemistry Award: it proves that human saliva can be used as a good cleaner for the surface of dirty objects.
Winners: Paula Romao, Adilia Alarcao and the late Cesar Viana.
5. Medical Education Award: Published a medical report - sitting colonoscopy: lessons learned from self-colonoscopy.
The winner: Akira AkiraHoriuchi
6, literature award: the record report says that most people who use complex products do not read the instructions.
Winners: Thea Blackler, Rafael Gomez, Vesna Popovic and Helen Thompson.
7. Nutrition: Calorie intake from human meat is much lower than that from other traditional meats. Winners: James Cole 8, Peace Prize: They measure the frequency, motivation and effect of shouting and swearing while driving a vehicle. Winners: Francisco Alonso (FranciscoAlonso), etc. 9. Reproductive Medicine Award: They used stamps to test whether male sexual organs were normal. Their research report described the use of stamps to monitor and analyze male penile erections at night. Winners: John Barry, Bruce Blank and Michel Boileau. Source: cover news - editor in charge of Huaxi Metropolis Daily: Han Jiapeng _NN9841
7. Nutrition: Calorie intake from human meat is much lower than that from other traditional meats.
Winner: James Khloe (JamesCole)
8. Peace Prize: they measure the frequency, motivation and effect of loud shouting and curse when driving a vehicle.
Winners: Francisco Alonso (FranciscoAlonso), etc.
9. Reproductive Medicine Award: They used stamps to test whether male sexual organs were normal. Their research report described the use of stamps to monitor and analyze male penile erections at night.
Winners: John Barry, Bruce Blank and Michel Boileau.