On the evening of September 29, according to times finance and economics to many people who need long-distance self driving back home for the festival, even if they set out one day ahead of schedule, congestion still cant be completely avoided, and the traffic flow on the expressway has increased significantly.
According to the official analysis released by the road safety office of Guangdong Province on September 28, it is expected that the road traffic flow in the area will continue to rise from 13:00 on September 30, and the peak will appear from 18:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. on October 1, and a wave of peak travel will appear from 8:00 to 12:00 on October 1.
As for the return journey, according to the official forecast, the first peak of traffic flow will be ushered in the area as soon as 15:00 on October 5.
Picture source: visual China
Since the outbreak of the epidemic, the tourism industry has been significantly impacted.
According to the data of the State Council, during the May Day holiday, 115 million domestic tourists were received and 47.56 billion yuan of domestic tourism revenue was realized, only 50% of the same period last year.
However, the good news is that the long backlog of travel and travel demand will be released in the eight day National Day Mid Autumn Festival holiday which will officially open tomorrow.
In terms of travel, on September 23, Ctrip tourism big data laboratory released the cost performance report of long vacation in 2020-11. According to the analysis of Ctrip, the number of tourists during the 8-day long holiday in Mid Autumn Festival this year may reach 600 million.
Nowadays, booking travel and off peak travel have become necessary skills.
Tiananmen is the most popular and Xian is the most congested
In order to stimulate tourism demand, there are more than 1500 scenic spots free or discounted during the national holiday, including more than 400 Hubei scenic spots, more than 300 Inner Mongolia scenic spots, 400 Guizhou scenic spots, more than 130 Shanxi scenic spots, 138 Yunnan scenic spots, more than 80 Shandong scenic spots, more than 80 Xinjiang scenic spots, and more than 30 Gannan scenic spots.
In addition, more than 20 provincial and municipal governments have issued travel coupons, mainly including Zhejiang Province, Guangdong Province, Jiangsu Province, Shanghai City, Liaoning Province, Guizhou Province, Shaanxi Province, Tianjin city, Jilin Province, Heilongjiang Province and other provinces and municipalities directly under the central government.
Source: Ctrip big data Lab
According to Baidu map data, the top 10 popular tourist attractions in 2020 are: Beijing Tiananmen Square, Hangzhou West Lake scenic spot, Shanghai Bund, Guangzhou tower, Jiaxing Wuzhen, Fenghuang ancient city in Western Hunan, Hongya cave in Chongqing, Confucius Temple in Nanjing, Pingyao ancient city in Jinzhong and the Forbidden City in Beijing.
Top 10 tourist attractions in China
According to time finance and economics, compared with last year, Shanghai Disneyland, Huangshan Scenic Area, Chengdu Kuanzhai alley and Beijing Temple of heaven were not on this years list. Fenghuang ancient city in Western Hunan, Confucius Temple in Nanjing and Pingyao ancient city in Jinzhong have become new faces on the list.
National easy to block travel destination map source: Baidu map
Pearl River Delta becomes a key area of congestion
On September 24, the Ministry of transport held a regular press conference, saying that during the Mid Autumn Festival and National Day holidays, the national expressways will continue to exempt minibuses from toll free time from 0:00 on October 1 to 24:00 on October 8.
Although free passage is a good thing, it will inevitably further increase the pressure of high-speed traffic during the holidays.
During the past holiday congestion, there were always people walking dogs, kicking shuttlecock and playing cards on the highway. Although it sounds interesting, I believe no one is willing to take the initiative to taste fresh food.
On the prediction of the trend of national high-speed travel congestion in 2020, the data of travel forecast report of 2020 National Day & Mid Autumn Festival holiday released by Baidu map shows that the national high-speed traffic flow began to increase significantly on September 30, and reached the peak at about 10:00 on October 1, and the high-speed traffic remained at a high level during the 8-day holiday.
High speed congestion trend map source: Baidu map
Therefore, off peak travel (early / delayed) is a good way to avoid congestion.
Baidu map predicts that in the top 10 congestion Expressway rankings this year, the cities and cities involved in the expressway in Guangdong Province will occupy 8 seats. Among them, Yunfu (East to west of g2518 Shenzhen Shenzhen Expressway), Heyuan (West to east of G25 Changshen Expressway) and Huizhou (south to north of G25 Changshen Expressway) rank among the top three. In addition to the Pearl River Delta, only Shanghai (S20 outer ring expressway from south to North) and Zhengzhou (Airport Expressway from north to South) are on the list.
Source: Baidu map
According to the travel experience of time finance and economics, taking the self driving behavior in Guangdong Province on September 29 as an example, although the traffic volume of Guanghe, Jinan Guangzhou and Shantou Zhanjiang Expressway (West to East) has increased significantly, there is no obvious congestion, and the overall road condition is relatively smooth.
However, as the holidays approach, congestion is expected to be inevitable on some popular roads during peak periods. For self driving travel, it is more important to keep peace of mind and safe travel in addition to choosing staggered peak travel as far as possible.
Tips for self driving
With regard to the so-called ten million roads, safety first, time finance specially combs the following precautions for self driving trips on the national day of the mid autumn festival for the reference of the majority of car owners who plan to drive themselves:
1. Before traveling, the vehicle condition shall be inspected in detail, including various oil, brake pads, tires and tire pressure (the tire pressure recommended by the manufacturer is posted at the door frame of the drivers seat / CO drivers seat for most models), whether the tire wear reaches the wear mark, whether the tire wall is damaged, etc. the vehicle with spare tire should check the spare tire status.
2. At high speed, adjust the interior rearview mirror to a state where the rear road conditions can be observed. In case of traffic jam on the highway ahead, pay close attention to the traffic flow behind and try to avoid being in the same lane with the large trucks behind.
3. Dont take chances to illegally occupy the emergency lane. At present, traffic police have begun to accept reports from ordinary citizens mobile phones and tachograph video evidence. Start with yourself and put an end to bad driving habits that are not beneficial to others.
4. If you miss the exit on the highway, you must continue to drive to the next exit and then make a detour. Do not stop in an emergency, change lanes continuously or even reverse on the highway. Other car owners should also be vigilant and be ready for emergency at any time.
5. In case of minor traffic accident, both sides of the accident can take photos and retain sufficient environmental evidence at the scene to evacuate as soon as possible. In case of serious traffic jams, the driver may be fined and his driving license may be suspended. If the circumstances are serious, he may even be detained.
6. If there are three or more illegal vehicles in total, they must be dealt with as far as possible before the national day trip, otherwise they will be detained if they encounter traffic police patrol.
Finally, as the weather turns cool, there is still a risk of a second round of outbreak of Xinguan epidemic, which is still in the critical period of domestic epidemic prevention and control. It is still necessary to wear good masks, wash hands frequently and pay attention to personal protection when traveling.
Driving without leaving Guangdong overnight due to high speed congestion