118 new apps banned in India

category:Hot
 118 new apps banned in India


It is worth noting that before the Indian government announced this latest move, senior colonel Zhang Shuiyuan, spokesman for the Western Theater of China, made a speech on the border situation between China and India on August 31. He pointed out that on August 31, the Indian army destroyed the consensus reached in the multi-level talks between the two sides and illegally crossed the border again on the Hunan bank of Bangong and near the reqin pass, openly provoking and causing tension on the border. Indias move has seriously violated Chinas territorial sovereignty, seriously damaged the peace and stability in the border areas between China and India, and betrayed its promise and betrayed its promise. China strongly opposes this. We solemnly demand that the Indian side immediately withdraw its forces illegally crossing the line, strictly control and restrict the front-line forces, earnestly abide by its commitments, and avoid further escalation of the situation. The Chinese army is taking necessary measures and will pay close attention to the development of the situation and resolutely safeguard Chinas territorial sovereignty and peace and stability in the border areas.

In response to Indias move, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian previously said that the Chinese government has always asked Chinese enterprises to carry out foreign cooperation on the basis of complying with international rules and local laws and regulations. The Indian government is responsible for safeguarding the legitimate rights and interests of international investors, including Chinese enterprises, in accordance with market principles. The cooperation between China and India in the practical field is mutually beneficial and win-win. This kind of cooperation pattern is artificially damaged, which is not in line with Indias own interests.

Event review

Last month, India abruptly banned 59 mobile apps from China, but the nationalist country is still reluctant to give up. Today, the press revealed that 275 Chinese apps were included in the so-called list and faced the risk of being banned.

The Indian government has put 275 Chinese apps on a so-called special monitoring list to monitor any behavior that endangers national security and user privacy at a higher level, according to sources quoted by the economic times of India on July 27. People familiar with the matter said more applications by Chinese Internet companies could be banned by the Indian government.

According to ET, Tencents mobile game survival of the Jedi (pubg, commonly known by Chinese players as eating chicken), Xiaomis short video application Zili, Alibabas aliexpress, music software such as resso and ulike, are included in the list. Consistent with the last time, these software is still concentrated in the application matrix of Chinas Internet big factory.

It is worth mentioning that Xiaomis Zili, as a similar product of tiktok, has just entered the top 10 Google App market in India in the middle of this month, according to the Global Times report on July 23.

An Indian interior ministry official declined to answer ets questions about the list, but said that the government is reviewing more Chinese apps and their funding sources.

In the related reports of ET and India today and other local media, Tencents chicken eating (survival of the Jedi) were the primary targets. In fact, the game is popular among Indian teenagers. Previously, when India banned 59 apps from China under the pretext of national security, there was a lot of discussion on whether eating chicken would be banned in Indian social media circles.

Today, after a netizen shared relevant news on twitter, some netizens commented that please dont (forbid Jedi survival). Many jobs will be lost, especially E-sports.

India is in trouble again. The Ministry of information technology of India recently asked the companies affiliated to 59 previously banned Chinese apps to complete a questionnaire, Reuters quoted a source as saying. There are 77 questions in the questionnaire, including whether the relevant enterprises have reviewed the sensitive content and whether they are working for foreign governments.

Indias it ministry will give companies three weeks to fill out the questionnaire, two sources said, adding that some follow-up actions would be taken. However, it is not clear what the specific content of the so-called action is.

According to reports, Reuters has read the questionnaire. According to the media, the questionnaire will ask whether relevant enterprises have reviewed sensitive content and whether they will edit, promote or remove any content at the request of any foreign government.

Reuters report with pictures

One of the problems concerns the attack in purvama, which killed at least 40 Indian military and police officers in February last year, Reuters said. Have the company and its apps reviewed content related to the incident or the perpetrator after the polvama attack in 2019? the question said

Neither Alibaba nor the Ministry of information technology of India responded to a request for comment, Reuters said. Tiktok said it was in compliance with all Indian laws and said data security and privacy were top priorities for the company.

Recently, Indias restrictions on Chinese enterprises and made in China have emerged in endlessly. It not only delayed the customs clearance of Chinese goods at all ports and banned 59 Chinese applications, but also announced on July 1 that no Chinese companies or joint ventures with Chinese companies would be allowed to participate in road construction projects. After India announced the ban on Chinas app on June 29 with the so-called security reason, some Indian media began to pay attention to the adverse impact of this move. Among them, India Express mentioned that it might make Indians who are engaged in creation and work on these platforms lose their income sources and jobs.

In response to Indias frequent violation of market rules and successive introduction of a series of discriminatory and unreasonable policies to restrict Chinese enterprises, Gao Feng, a spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce of China, responded on July 2 that Indias relevant practices violated the relevant WTO rules and Indias commitments in the WTO, and hoped that India would immediately correct the discriminatory practices against China and Chinese enterprises.

(function(){( window.slotbydup=window .slotbydup||[]).push({id:u5811557,container:ssp_ 5811557, async:true }India banned 118 Chinese apps India banned 118 Chinese apps India announced another 118 Chinese apps_ NN7485

118 Chinese apps banned in India