It is reported that on the 2nd, the Anton branch of the Daegu District Court held a public trial on Wen Hengxu, who was detained and charged for spreading sexual exploitation videos made for children and adolescents and threatening the parents of the victims.
Wen Hengxu and his defenders admitted all the facts of the prosecution on the spot. In addition, in addition to the statement of accomplice, he admitted all the evidence. The prosecution asked the Department of justice to give Wen Hengxu orders to protect the observation and install electronic devices.
On June 5, the Anton branch office of Daegu local procuratorial department handed Wen Hengxu to trial on 12 suspicion of violating the laws on sexual protection of children and adolescents and special injury. According to reports, the next trial will be held at 11 a.m. local time on August 13.
South Korean media has previously exposed a series of network crimes, collectively referred to as room n cases. Some people set up an encrypted chat room on instant messaging software to upload and share videos and photos of sexual exploitation illegally taken, which can only be viewed by paying for membership. The platform can set up private chat, regularly delete information after reading, and support virtual currency transaction.
Wen Hengxu, the founder of room n, is suspected of producing and disseminating sexual exploitation videos targeting most minors. In addition, he is also suspected of coercion, threats and violation of child welfare law.
Police said Wen said he had started similar crimes around 2015 and was expanding the scope of his investigation. In addition, in the future, additional victims will be identified, protected and supported, and suspects crimes and accomplices will continue to be investigated.