Police in Daegu confirmed that at 6:30 p.m. on March 1, a 77 year old woman in Shoucheng District of Daegu city died at home. The patient was diagnosed the day before, with underlying diseases such as chronic disease and liver cancer. This is the 22nd death in South Korea and the fourth patient to die while awaiting hospitalization.
Less than two hours ago, another 86 year old woman who had been quarantined at home was rushed to hospital for emergency treatment due to shortness of breath, the Korean national news reported. According to police statistics, including three deaths in the hospital earlier that day, on March 1 alone, Daegu city added five new deaths, the highest death toll since the outbreak.
According to the South Korean government, just two days ago, two confirmed patients had been isolated at home waiting for the hospital bed, due to the sudden deterioration of the condition, they were hospitalized and died. More and more people are calling on the government to take more detailed emergency measures to care for different patients and avoid more people dying while waiting for hospitalization.
In response, mayor Quan Yongzhen of Daegu lamented at the weekends press conference, we have reached the limit of capacity, the growth of the number of beds that can be guaranteed is far behind the growth of patients, and we are seriously short of medical staff.
As of March 1, another 1329 beds had been added in Daegu, and 488 patients could be admitted at weekends, but they still could not meet the needs of blowout growth, the city government said. Novel coronavirus pneumonia was reported at forenoon at 9 a.m. on March 2nd. 476 new cases of newly diagnosed pneumonia confirmed in the same day, totaling 4212 cases and 24 deaths. Among them, Daegu accounted for nearly 3000 cases.
According to the data of Korean epidemic prevention department, more than 80% of patients in Daegu have relatively mild symptoms, and the rest 20% need to be hospitalized quickly. Chung ki Hyun, head of South Koreas national medical center, said at a press conference on March 1 that the urgent task for Daegu is to establish a patient care and management system as soon as possible to effectively allocate medical resources to the most urgent areas. To this end, South Koreas central disaster safety response Department released a new version of the treatment management plan on January 1, which focuses on the treatment of severe patients, allocates limited hospital beds to priority patients or patients with severe conditions, and arranges them to receive treatment in out of hospital facilities, taking into account the light patients.
According to the new plan, patients are divided into light patients, medium patients, severe patients and the most severe patients according to the severity of the disease. Patients with more than moderate illness are quickly arranged in the negative pressure ward or the national designated hospital for treatment, while patients with mild illness are arranged in the life treatment center in public facilities for treatment. Life treatment center is also equipped with medical personnel. According to the judgment of medical personnel, light patients can be transferred to the hospital for treatment at any time. If the patients with more than moderate illness get better and leave hospital, they will be sent to the life treatment center for treatment or go home for rest according to the judgment of the attending doctor and the patient management working group.
According to the plan, life treatment center is designated by local governments, and medical support is provided by surrounding medical institutions. Mayor Quan Yongzhen of Daegu confirmed on the evening of the 1st that Daegu will open the first life treatment center in the Central Education Research Institute of the Ministry of education from the 2nd, which will be provided with medical management by Qingbei university hospital. It is estimated that more than 160 people will be admitted in the first batch, and medical staff will take care of them 24 hours a day.
According to Yonhap news agency, the government has provided patients with personal toiletries such as thermometers, medicines, underwear and masks in the treatment center, as well as free meals and snacks.
At the most critical time of Daegu epidemic, South Korea also extended a helping hand. We will receive and treat confirmed patients from Daegu. I ask the citizens of Guangzhou to support me in this fight, Mayor Lee Yong sup said at a press conference on March 1. He said he would provide half of the citys 105 isolated beds for patients in Daegu as support.
476 novel coronavirus pneumonia cases were confirmed in South Korea, 4212 cases.
Novel coronavirus pneumonia confirmed 476 cases of 4 cases of new crown pneumonia at 0 oclock on 2 th. The total number of 4212 confirmed cases was confirmed, and 22 people were killed in total. The total number of deaths was 1.