Last week, the Japan Table Tennis Association welcomed the Chinese team to train in Tokyo after the World Table Tennis Championships in Busan. Liu Guoliang, chairman of the China Table Tennis Association, thanked Japan for its invitation, but said the schedule of the national table tennis team was uncertain.
Affected by the epidemic, Japan has taken strict control measures in the past two days. In view of this, the Japanese Table Tennis Association said it was unable to receive the national table tennis team to Japan for training. Not surprisingly, the national table tennis team will remain in Doha for training after the Qatar open next week.
According to the ITTF schedule, the Qatar Open will be held from March 5 to 8. In recent two days, many players have withdrawn from the competition. After the German teams Bohr and ochalov withdrew, 11 of the 12 members of the Chinese Taipei team have withdrawn from the competition, leaving only veteran Zhuang Zhiyuan to choose to participate.
With the spread of the epidemic, Qatar also tightened restrictions on the entry of South Korean tourists. The final destination of the trip is Doha and the South Korean tourists without infection symptoms need 14 days of medical isolation observation.
South Korea has sought government assistance, but Qatar has not been able to give concessions, South Korea this afternoon can only announce the withdrawal of the game.
If you dont take part in the Qatar Open, there will be no international competition until April, and the players will feel less competitive. South Korea coach Kim Tae soo was disappointed with the result. As a platinum event of ITTF, Qatar Open will produce two mixed double seats in Tokyo Olympic Games, and the South Korean team had the opportunity to fight for one seat.