Is said to be responsible for the death of 53 soldiers and one civilian in Malian military camp

category:Military
 Is said to be responsible for the death of 53 soldiers and one civilian in Malian military camp


Guo Han, a spokesman for the Malian government, confirmed in the early morning of Tuesday that 54 people had been killed in an attack on a Malian military camp in the menaca area in northeastern Mali.

On the 2nd, the extremist organization Islamic state (is) announced responsibility for the attack through propaganda agencies, but no evidence was provided. The Islamic state has claimed responsibility for attacks in several countries since Baghdad Di, the head of the group, died in a US raid on October 26.

The Malian government defined the incident as a terrorist attack. According to reports, a group of unidentified, fully armed attackers launched an attack at noon that day, before shelling the barracks. The attackers then fled to Niger.

Map: Malian soldier @ photoic

Subsequently, the reinforcements found 54 bodies at the scene, including 53 soldiers and a civilian. Ten survivors were also found at the scene, and the attack caused considerable damage.

Sangare told the associated press that the Malian army is transporting the wounded with the cooperation of the French army, and the security situation at the site of the incident has been under control.

This is the second serious terrorist attack in Mali in a month. On 30 September, two military bases in central Mali were attacked, killing 38 soldiers. ?

Frances Defense Ministry confirmed Tuesday that a French armored vehicle was hit by an IED in Mali that day, killing a soldier. French media said the attack took place in the menaca area.

The location of the attack, indaleman, menaca, in the north-eastern part of Mali

In March 2012, a military coup took place in Mali, and extremist armed forces began to infiltrate the northern and central parts of the country. In 2013, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution to establish minusma. At present, there are 15000 peacekeepers on the ground.

France launched the operation crescent dunes in 2014, sending about 4000 soldiers to the Sahel region of Africa. President Marcon reiterated that he will continue to fight terrorism on the ground.

Source: editor in charge of observer network: Li Xi ufe63 nn2587