On suspicion of sabotage of Leonardo da Vincis last home, the owner of the French castle

category:Hot
 On suspicion of sabotage of Leonardo da Vincis last home, the owner of the French castle


Beijing, Nov. 1, according to foreign media reports, this year is the 500th anniversary of the death of Italian Renaissance giant Leonardo da Vinci. On the occasion of launching various related commemorative activities around France, Da Vincis last three years in France, the place where he lived and created, the castle of klorus, was published in the newspaper in an unusual way.

Infographic: the old residence of Leonardo da Vinci, clorus castle.

On October 25, the castles owner, Fran u00e7 OIS, and the architect, arnaudde Saint jouan, appeared in court in tours. They were charged with performing works on buildings listed as historic sites without prior authorization in 2016.

According to the report, many parts were touched by the castle owner. On the first floor, including the floor and the ceiling of three rooms, the decorative wood wall of the 19th century was removed, a fireplace was completely destroyed, the original windows were blocked and new exits were opened. Although there are no wooden walls on the second floor, the ceiling and floor are not spared. They even converted an 18th century room into a completely imaginary Da Vinci studio.

Large scale construction of historic buildings must be approved. According to the relevant French laws, even if it is private property, once it is listed as a historical heritage, it is not allowed to start construction at will, and any project must be approved by the relevant departments before proceeding.

The pre trial judge of the court of tours announced the maximum penalty allowed by law for both parties. The pre trial judge also said that he should judge two parties to restore the historic site to its original state according to law, but from a technical point of view, this is impossible, and the final judgment result of the case will be announced on December 20.

Da Vinci spent the last three years of his life in the castle until his death on May 2, 1519. The castle was acquired by the St. bris family in 1855 and opened to the public in 1954. The historic site attracts 400000 visitors every year.