Iranian media deny that Saudi Arabia attacked the tanker Russia: it is too early to pursue the blame.

category:Military
 Iranian media deny that Saudi Arabia attacked the tanker Russia: it is too early to pursue the blame.


Iranian side said on the 11th that an Iranian oil tanker was attacked in the Red Sea near Saudi Arabia on the same day, possibly was hit by a missile.

Saudi Arabia did not respond for the time being. Iranian state television denied that Saudi Arabia had launched an attack. The United States said it had noticed media reports, but had no more accurate information.

[The situation is unknown

Iranian media reported that the Suez oil tanker Sabati, owned by Iran National Petroleum Corporation, was attacked in the Red Sea around 5 a.m. on November 11. Two tanks on board were damaged, oil spilled and no one was injured. The location of the attack was about 96 kilometers from the Saudi Red Sea port of Jeddah.

Irans foreign ministry said the tanker was attacked twice in half an hour, without mentioning which side and which weapon were attacked.

Irans state tanker company posted on its website that the explosion may have been caused by missile attacks, but the tanker did not catch fire. Iranian state television, based on officials of the National Petroleum Corporation, reported that the tanker had been attacked by missiles, but denied that the missiles came from Saudi Arabia.

The Iranian Ministry of Oil later released top-down images of the oil tanker after the attack. It could not see the side of the hull, where the oil tanker was damaged and whether the damaged point was on fire and smoke.

Saudi Arabia has not responded for the time being. The US Navys Fifth Fleet and the US Special Representative for Iran, Brian Hooker, confirmed that they had been informed of media reports and refused to respond.

Russia said it was too early to blame the party responsible for the oil tanker explosion.

Since May this year, oil tankers and merchant ships have been attacked in succession in the Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. The United States and other countries have pointed their finger at Iran, which denies and accuses the United States of framing.

[Open Track

Irans National Tanker Company says it headed for the Gulf after the attack. The information tracked by the financial information company Luft shows that it is navigating southward on its own power, destined for the Iranian island of Larak.

According to the location of the draft line, Lufts tanker is loaded with about 1 million barrels of crude oil, not full.

Luft said that the oil tanker did not appear to have started the positioning system for two months, the last time it was positioned in the bay, in mid-August. It launched the positioning device after the 11th sunrise, showing that it is located about 130 kilometers southwest of Jeddah Harbour.

The Associated Press reported that Iranian tankers routinely shut down positioning devices because of U.S. sanctions on Iranian crude oil exports.

According to the social media Twitter, a maritime transportation website that provides tracking services, according to NASA satellite images and positioning system data, we did not see smoke, fires, leaks and tugs. What we see is that an oil tanker is returning at a perfectly normal speed.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Moussavi said Iranian oil tankers had been the target of destructive activities in the Red Sea in recent months.

The Associated Press reported that an Iranian oil tanker broke down in May in the waters of the Sabati incident. With Saudi assistance, it stopped at a berth near Jeddah Harbour and repaired it before leaving. Iran said in August that another Iranian tanker had a technical failure in the Red Sea, but did not provide specific details.

Source: Xinhua responsible editor: Li Zaixing_NBJS9026