The Indian Embassy in China is pleased to inform you that the Indian Government has decided to further relax its e-visa policy for Chinese citizens. The policy is relaxed in terms of the validity and cost of electronic visas.
1. From October 2019, Chinese citizens can apply for a five-year valid e-tourism visa (e-TV). The visa fee is $80.
2. In addition, potential tourists can use a single entry e-TV visa (e-TV) within 30 days at a reduced cost of $25. From April to June, the cost of a 30-day e-TV visa was only $10.
3. E-TV visas with multiple entries a year will continue to be issued at a reduced cost of $40.
4. In addition to the e-TV visas mentioned above, the existing e-medical visas, e-conference visas and multi-entry e-commerce visas in one year will continue to be issued on the Indian visa online platform. For more details on e-visas, please visit the following website links: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
5. It is expected that this unilateral relaxation of the e-tourism visa for Chinese citizens will further increase the exchanges between the two peoples and encourage more Chinese tourists to choose India as a tourist destination.
* * *
October 11, 2019
Source: Responsible Editor of Global Times: Zhou Xinyi_NB12002