On October 11, an oil tanker of Irans National Petroleum Corporation caught fire after an explosion. IRNA chart
Hours after accusing the two missiles that hit their tankers of possibly coming from Saudi direction, Irans National Tanker Company changed its tune in telegrams statement, saying the missiles were not from Saudi Arabia.
Irans National News Agency (IRNA) reported on October 11 that an oil tanker of the Iranian National Petroleum Corporation (NPC) caught fire after exploding the same day and damaged two oil tanks on board, resulting in oil spills into the Red Sea. Apart from the damaged tanks, the damaged tankers were not in danger of sinking, nor were there any casualties. The tanker, SABITY, was hit by missiles 60 miles from the Saudi port city of Jeddah.
After the incident, Saheb Sadeghi, spokesman for Irans National Tanker Company, said in a telephone call with Irans PressTV that two missiles hit the tanker, possibly from the Saudi direction.
In addition to denying the statement, Iran gave more details about the bombing. Abbas Mousavi, a spokesman for Irans foreign ministry, told telegraph that Iranian oil tankers had been hit twice in 30 minutes, coming from the east of the Red Sea and close to their crossing route.
The chief executive of Irans National Oil Tanker Company said there were no vessels or authorities responding to the distress signal from the tanker that was blown up in the Red Sea. At present, the source of the attack has not been investigated, but the oil spill at sea has been controlled.
The attacked Iranian tanker is slowly heading for the Persian Gulf.
Tensions in the Middle East have continued to rise since the early morning attacks on two oil facilities in Saudi Arabia and Ami on September 14. The attack in Saudi Arabia resulted in the disruption of more than 5 per cent of the worlds oil supply, reducing the countrys crude oil supply by 5.7 million barrels a day, causing the most serious damage ever to the oil market, exceeding the decline in crude oil production in both countries during Iraqs invasion of Kuwait in August 1990 and the decline in Iranian crude oil production during the Islamic Revolution in 1979.
Although Yemens Hussein armed forces claimed to have caused Saudi air strikes, the Iranian authorities refuted the claim that U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo subsequently accused Iran in the social media of inciting the Saudi attack.
Source: Peng Mei News Responsible Editor: Li Zaixing_NBJS9026