Several US and ROK media: After proposing to resume negotiations with the US, the DPRK test-fired missiles

category:Military
 Several US and ROK media: After proposing to resume negotiations with the US, the DPRK test-fired missiles


North Korea said it wanted to talk to the United States and then fired missiles, said Wen Yanmang, a special correspondent for the Global Times in the United States and North Korea in the ninth morning. In fact, the proposal of Cui Shanji, the first deputy minister of foreign affairs of the DPRK, on the evening of 9 th, and the tenth missile test launched by the ROK military since May this year, which was first monitored by the ROK military on the morning of 10 th, are enough for the world to focus once again on the Korean Peninsula. I saw the statement just made about North Korea. It would be interesting... I often say that meeting is not a bad thing, but a good thing, President Trump first responded to Pyongyangs invitation to dialogue. South Koreas Central Daily analysis said that North Korea proposed to launch missiles immediately after dialogue with the United States, in fact, pressure the United States to further recognize North Koreas right to self-defence.

DPRK urges the US to come up with a new plan

According to KCNA on September 9, Cui Shanji delivered a speech on the same day, noting that senior U.S. officials who led the negotiations with the DPRK recently repeatedly declared that they were ready to resume the DPRK-U.S. work consultations. Kim Jong-un, chairman of the State Council of North Korea, made a historic speech in April this year, explaining the need for the United States to abandon its current algorithm and deal with North Korea in a new way, and said that it would wait patiently for a U.S. decision by the end of this year.

Cui Shanji said that the DPRK would like to sit down with the US side and discuss comprehensively the issues discussed so far at the agreed time and place in late September. She said she believed that the United States would come up with an algorithm based on the common interests of the DPRK and the United States and acceptable to the DPRK. If the US fiddles with the old script that has nothing to do with the new algorithm again in the hard-won North Korea-US work negotiations, the North Korean-US trade will probably end there.

On the 9th local time, Trump was asked by reporters at the White House about the DPRKs proposed work consultation and said: We will focus on what will happen. We have received the returned detainees and the remains of the great Korean war heroes. (North Korea) has not conducted a nuclear test for a long time. When asked if he was worried that Kim Jong-un would not keep his promise, he said, I have a very good relationship with Chairman Kim, and we will pay attention to what happens.

A spokesman for the US State Department said Thursday that so far there has been no announcement of the US-DPRK meeting. However, Secretary of State Pompeo told ABC on the 9th that the Trump Administration hopes that in the next few days or weeks, we will meet the DPRK representative at the negotiating table. President Trump will be very disappointed if North Korean leaders do not return to the negotiating table or conduct missile tests that they promised not to conduct at their last meeting, he added. The task of the State Council is clearly to return to the negotiating table and come up with a mechanism to achieve the denuclearization of the DPRK. Britains Guardian said Wednesday that the working consultation at the end of September proposed a collision period with the United Nations Conference in New York, when the Pompeo will participate.

According to Yonhap News Agency, Cui Shanjis statement on 9 September proposed to the United States to hold consultations in late September. It was the response of the DPRK three days after the US Special Representative for DPRK Policy, Bigen, publicly put pressure on the DPRK to resume dialogue. Later, Trump responded positively, and whether the once deadlocked North Korean-US nuclear negotiations had found a breakthrough was a matter of concern. If the working-level consultation goes smoothly, the possibility that the DPRK-US summit will hold its third summit meeting in the year following the Hanoi and Panmunjom meetings in Vietnam will not be ruled out. However, considering that the DPRK requires the US to come up with a plan that is in line with the common interests of both sides and acceptable to the DPRK, the US is cautious about the DPRKs proposal for the time being. It is inevitable for the DPRK and the US to start a tug-of-war before resuming the dialogue. If the consultation can be held, the DPRK and the US may choose meeting places in Europe, Panmunjom, Pyongyang and New York.

Tenth test launch since May

According to the Wall Street Journal on the 10th, several hours after Cui Shanji made the statement, North Korea launched two unknown aircraft. A senior official in Washington said that the United States had taken note of reports of the test and would continue to follow developments and cooperate with regional allies. South Koreas Joint Staff Headquarters (Joint Staff) said Wednesday that the Korean Army captured two short-range aircraft launched eastward by the DPRK at 6:53 am and 7:12 am, with a maximum flight distance of about 330 km.

CNN said that, including the launch, the country has conducted 10 test launches since May, mostly short-range missiles. Experts say Pyongyang has shown impressive technological progress. Trump had previously downplayed North Koreas test launches, saying that as long as it is not a continental ballistic missile endangering the United States, it will not pose a major problem. He also said Kim Jong-un only agreed to stop testing intercontinental ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons, and that it was normal to test-fire short-range missiles. Pompeo 9 also claimed that Pyongyang did not violate its commitment to Trump, but the United States expressed disappointment at North Koreas continued test firing of such missiles and hoped that they would stop.

Japan Economic News said Wednesday that this is the first time that North Korea has launched an aircraft since South Korea informed Japan of the abolition of the Military Intelligence Protection Agreement between Japan and South Korea on August 24. On the evening of September 9, Cui Shan-ao delivered a speech expressing his readiness to accept the denuclearization talks with the United States around the end of September, which shows that North Korea hopes to create tension to some extent in order to gain an advantage in the negotiations while showing a dialogue posture. DPRK wants to show its determination to continue developing conventional weapons to remove potential security risks and strive to include safeguarding the institutional security of DPRK in the DPRK-US negotiations, Yonhap News Agency said Wednesday. The Financial Times also said Thursday that North Korea had tested new weapons in an attempt to pressure the United States to return to the negotiating table on more favourable terms.

The Yonhap news agency said that DPRK launched short-range missiles from May this year using solid fuel and mobile launchers. The maneuverability and concealment of the missiles were greatly enhanced. The flying distance reached 250-600 kilometers. The scope of attack could cover the US military base in Korea in Pingze, western Korea, the air base in Chungnan and Qingzhou in central Korea, and the east. Southern Qingbei Xingzhou Sade base. North Koreas short-range missiles threaten the security of U.S. troops in Northeast Asia and allies of Japan and South Korea, CNN10 said. Weapon experts warn that technology tested on short-range missiles may eventually be used on long-range missiles.

The ball has kicked into the U.S. government

After North Korea sent out a signal of dialogue and the United States responded positively, North Korea launched short-range missiles again, which is not a good omen for the upcoming DPRK-US dialogue, the Korean National Daily reported on the 10th, saying that North Korea asked the United States to come up with new ideas in the new negotiations, which in fact hoped that the United States could meet the demand. A form of pressure demanded by North Korea. Now the ball has kicked into the U.S. government, and the U.S. government currently only issued a principled position. Reported that if Trump repeatedly launched missiles against North Korea continue to play dumb, then the next step of the DPRK-U.S. negotiations may be speeded up.

According to South Koreas Culture Daily on the 10th, there are also speculations that North Koreas sudden proposal for dialogue between the DPRK and the United States has something to do with the recent visit of Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi to the DPRK. Considering that Kim Jong-un visited China before he attended the DPRK-US summit last year, it is likely that China and DPRK will have final communication before the DPRK-US dialogue resumes.

Qian Yongyu, a former national security adviser to South Korea, told Qatar Peninsula Television on October 10 that the United States and North Korea seem to be open to the third summit this year, but in the past few months, they seem more concerned about increasing their bargaining power to ensure that they have more bargaining chips. Whether the US-DPRK summit can be held depends on whether diplomats of the two countries can pave the way ahead of time for working-level talks. Park Xiuzhen, a former spokesman for the South Korean Unification Ministry, said it would be difficult for the US-DPRK summit to be held if the two sides failed to work out at least some important issues first through working-level meetings.

An editorial published by Yonhap News Agency on October 10 said that the DPRK-US working consultation is likely to resume this month. Given that the DPRK had previously limited the time for dialogue between the DPRK and the US to the end of this year, with only four months left, it would be a good thing for the DPRK and the US to resume nuclear negotiations. The key now is whether the two sides can come up with a new plan for denuclearization of the peninsula, but the current impression of the two sides to the outside world is parallel line. If the DPRK and the US want to avoid the outcome of the breakdown of the Hanoi negotiations, they must come up with innovative substantive proposals on the denuclearization of the peninsula, and the definition of nuclear abandonment and the road map for nuclear abandonment should be the primary issues. Looking to the United States, remember that security in Northeast Asia is at a critical crossroads.

Source: Global Network Responsible Editor: Li Zaixing_NBJS9026