Increasing good cholesterol levels requires diet and exercise

category:Sports
 Increasing good cholesterol levels requires diet and exercise


Cholesterol is a natural substance made by human body. Most of the cholesterol in the blood (75%) is produced by the liver, and the remaining 25% comes from the food we eat. Cholesterol is an indispensable and important substance in animal tissues and cells. It not only participates in the formation of cell membranes, but also is a raw material for the synthesis of bile acids, vitamin D and steroid hormones.

There are three main forms of cholesterol: high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol.

HDL cholesterol is considered to be good cholesterol, which can reduce peoples risk of cardiovascular disease. Normally, peoples HDL levels should reach 60 mg/dL (mg/liter) or higher. HDL levels below 40 mg/dL are considered to be a high risk factor for heart disease development.

LDL cholesterol is considered bad cholesterol, which tends to deposit on the arterial wall. Leukocyte binds with it, easily forming arterial stenosis plaque, restricting blood flow. Generally speaking, the optimal level of LDL cholesterol is 100 mg/dL or lower. If you have heart disease, you may need to reach 70 mg/dL or less.

VLDL cholesterol is produced by the liver and released into the blood. The main difference between VLDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol is the ratio of cholesterol, protein and triglyceride. The former contains more triglycerides, while the latter contains more cholesterol. VLDL cholesterol is also harmful to the human body if its content is too high. In order to maintain healthy cholesterol content, that is to say, reduce bad cholesterol content and increase good cholesterol content, there are two ways to be more effective, one is diet, the other is exercise. In diet, people can reduce bad cholesterol intake and increase good cholesterol intake by eating more beans, healthy fat (unsaturated fat), berries, vegetable protein, low-sugar food, etc. Exercises such as running can burn excess calories, accelerate blood circulation and accelerate metabolism, which can help the body reduce bad cholesterol content and increase good cholesterol content. In addition, high-intensity intermittent training and strength training are also very helpful for healthy cholesterol levels. Source: Netease Sports Author: Changbao Responsible Editor: Yang Shuo_NS4396

VLDL cholesterol is produced by the liver and released into the blood. The main difference between VLDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol is the ratio of cholesterol, protein and triglyceride. The former contains more triglycerides, while the latter contains more cholesterol. VLDL cholesterol is also harmful to the human body if its content is too high.

In order to maintain healthy cholesterol content, that is to say, reduce bad cholesterol content and increase good cholesterol content, there are two ways to be more effective, one is diet, the other is exercise.

In diet, people can reduce bad cholesterol intake and increase good cholesterol intake by eating more beans, healthy fat (unsaturated fat), berries, vegetable protein, low-sugar food, etc.

Exercises such as running can burn excess calories, accelerate blood circulation and accelerate metabolism, which can help the body reduce bad cholesterol content and increase good cholesterol content. In addition, high-intensity intermittent training and strength training are also very helpful for healthy cholesterol levels.