BEIJING, July 25 (Xinhua) According to foreign media reports, Malaysian authorities said that a food poisoning incident occurred at Balik Pulau Polytechnic in Penang. As of the evening of 24 Local time, 55 students had been sent to hospital for treatment.
Reported that at 9:00 a.m. local time on the 24th, 207 students participated in the voter briefing organized by the Electoral Commission of the Polytechnic College. At 11:00 p.m., students ate rice, spicy red tomato chicken, eggs and cabbage. At 4:00 p.m., dozens of students expressed their stomachache and were sent to the doctor for treatment.
Afif Bahardin, chairman of the Penang Committee on Agriculture, Agricultural Industries, Rural Development and Health, said 55 students had been hospitalized for abdominal pain by 10 p.m. on the 24th.
Fifty-five Polytechnic students have received outpatient treatment and have been allowed to return home, Baharudin said. Parents should not worry too much about their childrens condition, he said. Hospital and Polytechnic management will keep track of the situation.