Liang Hua, chairman of Huawei, affirmed in the report that Huaweis development can be sustained, we will certainly survive, and we will live better and better.
In the media question-and-answer environment, Liang Hua and Tao Jingwen answered ten questions from Chinese and foreign media.
Huawei is about to announce its first half of this years results. Although no specific data has been released yet, Liang Hua said that its business grew in the first half of this year and its revenue also grew.
Regarding the recent repetition of U.S. policy toward Huawei, Liang Huawei said that Huawei should deal with these uncertainties with legal certainty. Huawei is opposed to the U.S. putting Huawei on the list of entities because it has no factual basis and is not conducive to local U.S. enterprises, including Huawei. Liang Hua said that the United States should not relax the ban on Huawei, but cancel it.
The following is part of the ten major issues recorded by Netease Science and Technology:
1. Attitudes towards Huawei have been repeated recently in the United States. How can Huawei maintain sustainable development in an uncertain environment?
Liang Hua: We deal with these uncertainties with legal certainty. We do business in more than 170 countries and abide by local laws and regulations. Only in this way can we achieve healthy operation.
Market uncertainty and supply uncertainty. In terms of supply uncertainty, we have a business continuity plan, which was launched more than a decade ago in response to natural disasters or wars. When the United States hit us, we realized that we were facing great risks. So we launched the business continuity plan.
Facing the market, Huawei has insisted on serving customers better for more than 30 years, bringing value to customers and having long-term cooperation with customers. It has brought great value to local consumers and markets. Therefore, we believe in the choice of customers, some customers do not choose Huawei because of the law, then we can use more resources to choose Huawei customers.
2. After Huawei was banned, did Huaweis business have any impact?
Liang Hua: In terms of specific business, there has been no substantial change. We are against putting Huawei on the list of entities in the United States, because there is no factual basis, and it is not good for the local enterprises of the United States, including Huawei. And it could also affect our service to more than 170 countries around the world. Therefore, such a decision is very inappropriate.
We believe that the ban on entity lists should be lifted rather than relaxed.
Of course, we also understand that U.S. suppliers are demanding deregulation from the U.S. and thank U.S. suppliers for their understanding and support of Huawei.
It should be said that Huaweis whole business is running normally at present. It is at the end of this month that we will release half a years business results and performance. Although we cant disclose specific data, we can be sure that our business grew in the first half of the year and our income grew.
3. What is the direction of Huawei Haisis fortification in the near future? How long will Hess be able to support fixed and wireless networks? Is Huawei likely to have a disruptive change in the mobile phone, television and other industries?
Liang Hua: Hess has contributed to Huaweis business. Hess can supply the main products in key components. Huawei still insists on global industrial chain cooperation, including U.S. suppliers, and if licensed by the U.S., we will still use it in products.
But we want certainty, because uncertainty makes Huawei unmanageable.
Huawei is still focusing on the ICT field. Huaweis development is due to focusing on the connection, hoping to be the world leader in the connection field.
4. Huawei is willing to sign a spy-free agreement with any country. What exactly does it mean?
Liang Hua: In the past 30 years, Huawei has abided by the law in local countries and has never received any requests for information collection.
Huawei has never done intelligence gathering. Huawei did not and will not install back doors in the past.
Network security and privacy protection is an important challenge in the digital society, which is the whole industry and society. It is hoped that the government, supervision, third-party institutions and operators will formulate clear standards to achieve network security and privacy protection.
5. Is there any specific plan and arrangement for Huawei to enter the TV field?
Liang Hua: As far as consumer business is concerned, it provides consumers with full-scene intelligent life. We will not make traditional TV, but provide products in full-scene life to facilitate consumers.
6. In what areas will Ren always say that he wants to bring in talented people? Is there a pay plan? Commercial space has greatly promoted the field of IoT. Does Huawei have similar plans?
Liang Hua: Lets solve the problem of survival first. Huawei was seeking development before, but now it is seeking survival. We need to solve some key problems in our lives. Huawei is a world leader in connectivity, Intelligent Computing and cloud computing. Many scientists, experts and technicians are needed to solve the path exploration and technical problems in the future, as well as some cutting-edge problems. These experts need to play a role in these areas.
We will build the ground network first, 5G network will enhance mobile broadband services, and 2B Internet of Things connection. It is very important to build this network well. Space is not yet involved. Our team has done some research on ground-to-air satellite connection technology, but there is not much practical input.
7. Huaweis business continuity. Some media pointed out that Hongmeng System would be released on August 9. It has a wider range of applications, such as the Internet of Things. How can it help Huaweis business?
Liang Hua: Hongmeng system was originally developed for the Internet of Things. We still have Android Open Systems as our first choice. If the United States does not supply us, whether to put the Hongmeng system on mobile phones has not yet been decided.
8. Is Huawei raising $1.5 billion in bank loans? In what areas?
Liang Hua: This is the financing we do in our normal business process. Every year we do some financing activities according to business development, which is normal.
9. Huaweis Privacy Compliance Committee, which previously emphasized compliance with local laws and regulations. How to view privacy? Liang Hua: Every country has different requirements and demands for privacy protection. So when Huawei operates in every country, it has to abide by the laws and regulations of the local country. For example, in Europe, the regulation of GDP R digital protection clearly defines the rules and standards. 1,13.5 billion yuan is invested in employee security plan. Where does it spend? Tao Jingwen: Training. Because this industry is not a question of whether to develop or not, but how fast to run. We have many development plans to transform knowledge and skills. In addition, it is about life and health protection, and the improvement of living and working environment. Source: Liable Editor of Netease Science and Technology Report: Yao Liwei_NT6056
9. Huaweis Privacy Compliance Committee, which previously emphasized compliance with local laws and regulations. How to view privacy?
Liang Hua: Every country has different requirements and demands for privacy protection. So when Huawei operates in every country, it has to abide by the laws and regulations of the local country. For example, in Europe, the regulation of GDP R digital protection clearly defines the rules and standards.
1,13.5 billion yuan is invested in employee security plan. Where does it spend?
Tao Jingwen: Training. Because this industry is not a question of whether to develop or not, but how fast to run. We have many development plans to transform knowledge and skills. In addition, it is about life and health protection, and the improvement of living and working environment.