After US President Trump said on the 8th that he would no longer deal with British Ambassador to the United States, Dallock, the US State Department said on the 9th that it had not received any instructions from the White House.
U.S. State Department Spokesman Altagus said at a regular press conference on the 9th that the State Department had not received instructions from the White House to cut off contact with Dallowock. She also stressed that the State Council would follow the Presidents instructions, but it would keep in touch with all accredited envoys before receiving the relevant instructions.
Ortaggs also said that the special strategic relationship between the United States and Britain has gone through the test of time, which transcends any individual and any government, and the United States will continue to maintain this relationship.
Earlier in the day, Trump launched another verbal attack on Dallowock on social media Twitter, calling him weird and foolish.
British media published a number of memorandums and telegrams sent to the British government by Darrok on the 7th, in which Darrok called the Trump government not functioning smoothly, unpredictable and inadequate capacity. Trump said in the social media on the 8th: I dont know the ambassador, but he has not been well received in the United States, we will not deal with him anymore.
The New York Times said Thursday that Trumps Twitter had almost declared Darrock an unwelcome person and that the superficial harmony between the United States and Britain had long been problematic.
British Foreign Secretary Hunter, who is competing for Britains next prime minister, said Wednesday that if he became British Prime Minister, Darock would continue to serve as British Ambassador to the United States, emphasizing that the choice of British Ambassador to the United States was decided by the British Government. A spokesman for British Prime Minister Teresa May said Thursday that although the Prime Minister disagreed with Darroks sharp criticism of the US government, he still fully trusted Darrok and had no plans to recall him.
The British Foreign Office has announced the launch of a formal investigation into the leak.
Source: Xinhua responsible editor: Shi Jianlei_NBJ11331