Netease Entertainment reported on July 10 that the news of comfort women and children begging for money from Guo Ke, the director of the film 22 has been heated recently. Guo Ke responded, I should not give them money if I am reasonable. Guo Ke thought that the family members who asked for money did not appear in the film and did not cooperate, so he should not pay them. On July 10, Guo Ke exposed the statements made by the family members who asked for money saying that he had not given money, and wrote, Memories.
It is reported that 23 months after the release of the documentary film Twenty-two, Guo Ke, a public guide for some comfort women children, asked for money, believing that Guo Ke had not fulfilled his promise to donate the profits of the film to the victims or their families, and issued a statement. In a statement, they said Guo Ke had promised to donate the documentary to the victims or their families if it was profitable, but now the film has made a lot of money, but Guo Ke has not fulfilled his promise. These families said that although most of the elderly have died and did not appear directly in 22, but the film is a documentary about comfort women, without their efforts, there will be no film, questioning: To make money from our mothers reputation, but to spend money on others. Why? In addition, Zhang Shuangbing, known as the first person in Chinas comfort women folk investigation, who once assisted in the filming of Twenty-two, also believed that his work had not been respected and that he had not received the fees promised by the original filmmaker.
However, director Guo Ke did not think so. He said that since January 2018, 24 elderly people and their families who appeared in the film have been given aid. The money demander did not appear in Twenty-two, he said: When I filmed, these old people had died, and I had not seen their families. Last year, they kept calling me, trying to get money. I am only responsible for the old people I photographed and the family members who appeared in the film. They cooperated with me. Guo Ke said that victims or family members who did not appear in the film could apply for relief funds through reasonable channels, such as a written application to the Education Development Foundation of Shanghai Normal University. He emphasized: Those who did not appear in the film, those who did not cooperate with me, are reasonable, and I should not give them money.
In October 2018, the documentary film Twenty-two was announced through official micro-blog. Zhang Xinyi, director Guo Ke, producer Sichuan Guangyin Deep Cultural Communication Co., Ltd. and producer Shanghai Normal University China Comfort Women Research Center jointly decided to donate 10% to the Education Development Foundation of Shanghai Normal University. 086003.95 yuan, and in the foundation set up comfort women research and assistance project special fund. In the donation announcement, director Guo Ke donated his personal income of 4 million yuan to fulfill his previous donation pledge.
Source: Netease Entertainment Responsible Editor: Jiang Siqi_NBJS8579