The US military in Okinawa has made another mishap and suspected of killing a Japanese woman before committing suicide

 The US military in Okinawa has made another mishap and suspected of killing a Japanese woman before committing suicide

Sexual assault, aircraft parts, fights... Relations between U.S. troops in Okinawa and local people have been very tense. This time, a U.S. military personnel suspected of killing a Japanese woman before committing suicide.

According to Kyodo News Agency on April 13, at about 7:25 a.m. on the 13th, Japanese police received reports that two men and women had fallen to the ground bleeding in their apartment in Okinawa Prefectures Beigu Riverside, and that two people had been confirmed dead on the spot. The US military in Japan said Wednesday that the man may be a Marine. According to U.S. military sources, there are reports that men committed suicide after killing Japanese women.

Reported that for the death of two men and women in Okinawa Prefecture, Japans Deputy Foreign Affairs Officer Akiba Gangnon 13 called U.S. Ambassador to Japan Hageti to protest, asking the U.S. side to help investigate, clean up the guidelines and prevent such incidents from happening again.

It is said that Okinawa County police are stepping up the identification of the deceased and investigating details.

The U.S. Marine Corps in Okinawa told the media, What we know is that the suspected third Marine Corps members and Okinawan people have died. This is a very tragic incident, and we will assist in the investigation in an all-round way. The Naval Crime Investigation Bureau is also helping Okinawa police.

This is not the first time that U.S. troops in Okinawa made a mistake. Since the date of the garrison, sexual assault, fights, aircraft parts and other things have been plaguing the local people.

In 1995, a gang rape of a primary school student on his way home by the US military triggered the most severe protests against the US military in Okinawa.

At first, the Japanese side knew that the crime was committed by the US Army, but because the US-Japan Status Agreement stipulated that the US Army commits crimes in Japan and the jurisdiction of the US Army is in the hands of the US Army, the defendant had been detained by the US Army until he was indicted, and the Japanese side had no right to inquire about the criminals. About 100,000 people in Okinawa attended a protest rally after the rape of teenage girls. The surging public opinion prompted then Japanese Prime Minister Taro Hashimoto to to discuss with the US military and revise the US-Japan Status Agreement before handing over the US military who committed crimes in Japan to the Japanese police for investigation.

However, the treaty amendment did not completely eradicate this kind of thing. Late on the night of June 29, 2001, an American Marine in Okinawa dragged a woman home into the local parking lot for sexual assault.

Therefore, the local people have been asking the garrison to move out of Okinawa.

On February 24 this year, Okinawa County held a referendum on whether to support the relocation of the U.S. Armys Futenma base in Japan to the Yongyegu area in the county. More than 70% of the voters opposed the central governments move plan, according to the final results of the vote released early on the 25th morning.

The U.S. Armys Futenma Base is located in Yiyewan City, Okinawa County. It has been criticized for its proximity to residential areas. The Japanese and American governments had previously agreed to relocate it to the ancient frontier areas of the countys Name City. The people of Okinawa strongly oppose this and hope to move the base out of Okinawa completely.

On March 24, a gas tank explosion occurred at the entrance of the Supervisors Office of the Okinawa Defense Bureau in Ruiqing Camp, Okinawa, Japans U.S. military base. The U.S. military and Japanese police analyzed the possibility of invasion by outsiders.

According to the Japanese Broadcasting Association (NHK) website at that time, although the explosion did not cause any injuries, but the U.S. military and Japanese police investigation found that there were fences damaged near the explosion site, analysis may be outside invasion, is conducting a detailed investigation.

Reported that the U.S. Marine Corps Command in Okinawa is located in the Ruiqing Camp Area, and the Supervisors Office is set up for the construction and repair of the base, usually with staff of the Defense Bureau and construction company.

The report also said that no one was injured by the explosion. After discussion, the United States and Japan believed that this was done by local opponents of US military bases, and this possibility is very high.

Source: Zhao Liangliang_NN6671, Responsible Editor of Peng Mei News