CEOs died in a charge cell phone explosion? Wife and stepson charged with murder

 CEOs died in a charge cell phone explosion? Wife and stepson charged with murder

Last summer, a news story about the death of a CEO of a Malaysian company caused by a mobile phone explosion attracted peoples attention. The case changed dramatically as various media were discussing who was the culprit of the BlackBerry and Huawei mobile phones charged in the bedroom at the time.

Malaysian police confirmed last September that the CEO who was killed in the fire was actually murdered.

On March 4, 2019, the Associated Press reported that the CEOs wife and his two minor stepsons had been charged with murder. Another woman involved is still at large. It is reported that she worked as a maid in the family where the accident happened.

Family members initially said that the cause of the accident was the explosion of a rechargeable mobile phone.

Reported that the man named Nazlin Hassan, 45 years old, is the chief executive of Malaysias well-known enterprise Cradle Fund Group. It happened between 11:30 p.m. on June 13, 2018 and 4 a.m. the next day in a two-story house in the high-end residential area of Mutiara Damansara, Kuala Lumpur. After the accident, his body was found in his bedroom, with a burned area of 30%.

Nazlin, the deceased, according to the Malaysian Post

Initially, the death was attributed to the explosion of a charged cell phone, which temporarily deprived Nazlin of some of his mobility, and the smoke from the fire eventually led to his death.

Nazlins wifes brother said the mattress caught fire, but Nazlin was dead at the time. He has two mobile phones, a Blackberry and Huawei. We dont know which one exploded. Who would have thought that such a daily charging behavior would lead to childrens future growing up without their fathers company? Nazlins wife and brother released a message on the social media.

Police initially believed that when the fire broke out, Nazlin was trapped in his bedroom because the bedroom door was locked back and suffocated by inhaling excessive smoke. In addition to his burns, he also had some injuries caused by the explosion.

Family members of the deceased once said that the fire caused the explosion of a rechargeable mobile phone, according to the New York Post.

Discovering the mystery, the police eventually identified it as murder.

After more than a month of detailed investigation, fire and rescue departments also found traces of gasoline at the scene of the accident. Despite strong opposition from his wife, Samira Muzafal, police dug Nazlins body out of the cemetery for a second autopsy, which was later characterized as murder.

Samila and her two sons are currently charged with murder. The boys, aged 13 and 16, were born to Samira and her former husband.

On the morning of March 4, the three men were arrested and then taken to a local court near the capital. They did not raise any defence in court, and the case will be referred to the High Court for trial. ?

Meanwhile, an Indonesian woman was prosecuted for her involvement in the murder. It was reported that the woman had worked as a maid in Nazlins family. It is reported that once convicted, Nazlins wife and maid will face the death penalty, and the two children will be exempted from the penalty because of their minor age.

Malaysias Star has sorted out the timeline of the case (as follows):

June 14, 2018: A fire broke out in the Pearl White Salo senior residential area, killing a man. The deceased was identified as Nazlin Hassan, CEO of the Cradle Fund Group.

June 14, 2018: Nazlins family sent a message that the fire was caused by the explosion of his mobile phone during charging.

June 15, 2018: His family held a funeral for him at the local cemetery.

June 25, 2018: Autopsy report confirms that gasoline traces were found on the body, cell phones and beds of the deceased.

Aug. 6, 2018: The case was identified as murder after the fire and Rescue Department issued a report.

August 14, 2018: Samira claims that the police investigation is not transparent and media reports are inconsistent with autopsy reports provided by the Kuala Lumpur Hospital Autopsy Department.

September 4, 2018: Samira and her ex-husband were detained for seven days to assist the police in their investigation.

Sept. 5, 2018: According to media reports, the police found stabbing wounds behind the neck of the deceased, and then took two minors to assist in the investigation. It is reported that these stabs may be related to arrow injuries, while two minors have practiced archery.

The deceased couples are known as power couples and are well-known in the investment circle.

According to the Malaysian Post, Cradle Fund Group, a company affiliated to the Ministry of Finance of Malaysia, is committed to developing the ecosystem of science and technology enterprises and start-ups. It has successfully hatched Grab and Imoney.

The deceased Nazlin and his wife Samiratu, according to the Straits Times

Therefore, the case shocked the whole investment circle. The Star quoted a senior venture capitalist as saying that the couple was well-known in the community, so the dramatic turning point of the incident attracted wide attention. They are well-known in the circle, known aspower couples, because Nazlins job is to find new businesses with growth potential and space, while his wife focuses on these promising companies and trains them how to go public.

Many people who knew the couple were surprised to learn that the police detained their families to assist in the investigation, said the executive, who did not want to be named.

Source: Red Star News Responsible Editor: Li Wan_B11284