The fragments of shells are hidden in the brains of 88-year-old veterans. 71-year-old people often dream of fighting.

 The fragments of shells are hidden in the brains of 88-year-old veterans. 71-year-old people often dream of fighting.

The picture shows: If it hadnt been for a month before, Wang Kede, an 88-year-old gentleman, didnt know why he had migraine headaches for many years. It was because of the fragments of artillery shells hidden in his brain for 71 years.

Yesterday, sitting at home in Dongyang Hexu, looking at the treasured Memorial medals of the War of Liberation and the memorial medals of the Anti-American and Aid Korea, the old man recalled once again the glorious years.

Discovery of metal fragments in patients with cerebral infarction

Wang Kede lives in Hongshan District of Wuhan City. In December 2018, he was hospitalized for sudden cerebral infarction. During an MRI examination in the hospital, a nail-sized metal fragment was unexpectedly found behind his right ear. After a few daysobservation in the hospital, the old man returned home insistently, conscious of his illness and suspected of inconvenience in the operation.

In the confused eyes of his family, Wang Kede slowly talked about the origin of the debris.

Wang Kede was born in Muyang County, Jiangsu Province in 1931. In the summer of 1948, at the age of 17, he joined the county brigade (militia) and later joined the field army with three grenades. After the Huaihai Campaign in November of that year, one night, Wang Kede and two other soldiers from his company went to a market town to reconnoiter the enemys situation. Suddenly, a mortar shell exploded in the land between Wang Kede and another soldier. Hearing the sound, Wang Kede quickly fell down, and the earth and other things brought about by the explosion splashed onto his body.

At that time, Wang Kede just felt liquid on his right neck, thought it was water, and did not care. When the reconnaissance was over, his comrade-in-arms noticed bloodstains on Wang Kedes neck behind his right ear. Only then did Wang Kede know that he had been injured. Because there was no pain at that time, coupled with the tension of the war and limited medical conditions, Wang Kede thought it was a minor scratch, after a simple dressing, he continued to fight.

Anti-American and Aid Korea and China Reclaim a Life

In the winter of 1950, Wang Kede, who had not yet had time to go home to visit his relatives, took a train to Dandong, Liaoning Province. After getting off, he went abroad in a thin coat at night and entered the Korean Peninsula to participate in the anti-American and aid the DPRK.

In Wang Kedes memory, only 30 kilometers into North Korea, he fought the first battle. Later, he went to the 20th Military Department of the Chinese Peoples Volunteer Army at that time to shake the generator and act as the monitor. During the constant march, he had a fever and needed help when walking. He was very weak. Without drugs, he and the other wounded moved back with the medical team. One day as they were moving, American planes spotted them and bombed them. He lay on a cornfield until it was dark and the plane left. By this time, he had been separated from the medical team.

Under the control of the desire to survive, Wang Kede, who was too ill to walk, climbed out of the cornfield step by step. Fortunately, Wang Kede met two Korean Peoples Army soldiers. Two North Korean soldiers asked Wang Kede about the situation and stopped a Chinese Peoples Volunteer Army vehicle on the highway after sending grain bombs to the front line. After a bumpy night in a leaky carriage, Wang Kede was taken to a hospital in Yangde, North Korea, the next morning.

Half a month later, Wang Kede, still weak, was sent back by train to Dandong, Liaoning Province. Subsequently, it was transferred to Baoji in Shaanxi Province for recuperation. After that, Wang Kede returned to the Korean battlefield twice and returned from Korea in 1955.

At night, I often dream of fighting.

After returning home, Wang Kede went home to visit relatives in Muyang County, Jiangsu Province. It was the first time that he had returned home since he joined the army in 1948. His family could hardly recognize him as black and thin. His family introduced him to Wang Kede, 24, who was married.

In April 1956, Wang Kede was demobilized and transferred to work in Wuhan. After working in Beijing for one year, he moved to Wuhan in February 1958 and settled in Wuhan.

Wang Kede has six daughters. In his eldest daughter Wang Jingpings memory, his father has had migraine headache since 1962. Whenever he feels an ant crawling in his right head and buzzing like a bee, Wang Kede pats his head with his hands, sometimes with books and other things. I used to hear my mother say that when my father went to bed at night, he either kicked his legs or waved his arms. We didnt believe him. Wang Chunmei, Wang Kedes third daughter, said that since her mothers death, her sisters had alternately stayed with her father at night, often seeing him waving his arms in the middle of the night. She woke up her father, who said he had just dreamed that he was still fighting.

On Wang Kedes right thigh, there is a black skin about 14 cm long and 6 cm wide. On both feet, 10 toes, there is a small black cut. These are the sequelae of frostbite that fell on the Korean battlefield. Compared with those who have sacrificed, I feel happy and satisfied. Wang Kede said that the six daughters are filial and sensible, the countrys development is getting better and better, and the days are getting better and better. He also wants to take the high-speed rail to Beijing to see the flag-raising ceremony.

Source: He Yufang_NN5632, responsible editor of Jingchu Net-Chutian Metropolitan Daily