The hospital immediately set up a working group headed by the president and secretary, in charge of the vice-president and vice-chairman, to start the emergency plan, report to Harbin Medical University at the first time, and report to the Disease Control Department of Heilongjiang Health Commission through the university. The CDC then led the organization of joint dispatch of personnel from relevant departments such as provincial, municipal and district health supervision and CDC. On the morning of the same day, they were stationed in the fourth hospital of Harbin Medical University for on-site verification until late at night.
Through the investigation and verification of key information such as the storage, discharge, quantity, time and shelf life of the injections, the Joint Investigation Team confirmed that:
1. The injection has not been used out of date.
2. Because of the nursesweak sense of responsibility, some registration batches do not match the actual application batches.
How to deal with it?
The injection is distributed free of charge by the CDC department and compulsory vaccination for newborns by obstetrics department.
As the incident brought psychological burden to the parents of newborns and caused adverse social effects, after discussion by the Party Committee of the Fourth Hospital of Harbin Medical University, the relevant responsible departments and responsible persons were given the following treatment:
1. To expel the nurses concerned, to stay in the hospital to check and punish them, and to transfer them to their present posts;
2. Discharge the head nurse in charge;
3. The head nurses of obstetrics department should be demoted.
4. The director of obstetrics department should be punished by record.
5. Cancellation of the collective and individual prequalification in obstetrics.
The decision to deal with the aforementioned personnel shall be communicated throughout the hospital. The Fourth Hospital of Harbin Medical University made a sincere apology to the parents of newborn babies, earnestly learned lessons, cited one thing against another, plugged loopholes, comprehensively strengthened management, and resolutely put an end to the recurrence of such incidents.
Source of this article: New Evening News Responsible Editor: Qian Mingxiao_NBJ10675