Notice of the General Office of the State Council on the Governance of Kindergartens in Urban Districts
State Office of Development 3
Peoples governments of provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government, ministries and commissions of the State Council and directly affiliated institutions:
The construction of kindergartens in urban districts is an important part of the construction of urban public service facilities, an important way to expand inclusive preschool education resources, and an important measure to safeguard and improve peoples livelihood. In November 2018, the CPC Central Committee and the State Council issued Several Opinions on Deepening the Reform and Normative Development of Preschool Education. They put forward the idea of standardizing the construction and use of supporting kindergartens in residential districts, and made plans for the planning, construction, transfer and running of supporting kindergartens in residential districts. In order to implement the relevant requirements, with the consent of the State Council, the following notifications are given on matters related to the implementation of governance work:
I. General requirements
Guided by Xi Jinpings socialist ideology with Chinese characteristics in the new era, we should fully implement the spirit of the Nineteenth National Congress and the Second and Third Plenary Sessions of the Nineteenth Central Committee of the CPC, implement the deployment of the National Education Congress, adhere to the people-centered development idea, conscientiously fulfill government responsibilities, implement the provisions for the construction of public service facilities in cities and towns in accordance with the law, and focus on the construction of public service for preschool education We should focus on the prominent problems in the planning, construction, transfer and running of kindergartens in residential districts, further improve the level of public welfare of preschool education, effectively run preschool education, and meet the peoples expectations for early childhood education.
II. Work Tasks
1. Kindergartens should be set up strictly according to the standards in urban districts. In strict compliance with the Law of the Peoples Republic of China on Urban and Rural Planning and the Standards for Planning and Design of Urban Residential Areas (GB50180), the renovation of old urban areas (shantytowns), the development of new towns and the construction of residential areas, and the relocation of poverty alleviation from land change should incorporate supporting kindergartens into public administration and public service facilities construction plans, and build them in accordance with relevant standards and norms. If there are no supporting kindergartens or insufficient planning in urban districts, or if there are complete plans but the construction is not in place, the problems should be solved by means of supplementary construction, reconstruction or building, replacing and purchasing nearby according to the national and local allocation standards. If there are problems such as delayed construction, contraction, suspension, non-construction and non-delivery of the supporting kindergartens, the completion acceptance shall not be handled until the rectification is in place.
2. Ensure the timely transfer of kindergartens in residential districts. Completed kindergartens should be handed over to the local education administration department in time according to the regulations, and those that have not been handed over to the local education administration department should be completed within a time limit. Effective measures should be taken to recover the kindergartens that have been used for other purposes. Relevant departments shall go through the procedures of land transfer, kindergarten house transfer and asset registration for the transferred kindergartens in accordance with regulations.
3. Standardize the use of supporting kindergartens in residential areas. After handing over the supporting kindergartens in residential districts to the local educational administrative departments, the educational administrative departments shall establish public kindergartens or entrust them with the establishment of inclusive private kindergartens instead of for-profit kindergartens. If a public park is established, the local government and relevant departments should do a good job in organizational establishment, Teacher Allocation and other aspects; if a private park is commissioned to be inclusive, it should do a good job in examining the qualifications, management capabilities, health and safety of the relevant institutions, ensuring the quality of education, clarifying the standards of subsidies, and strengthening the dynamic supervision of the effectiveness and quality of inclusive benefits.
III. Working Measures
1. Find out. All localities take counties (cities, districts) as units to make a thorough investigation of the supporting kindergartens in urban districts. In view of the situation of planning, allocation, transfer and inadequate use, lists and accounts are set up separately. The work was completed by the end of April 2019.
2. Overall rectification. In view of the problems found in the investigation, we should conscientiously formulate targeted rectification measures from the actual situation, and carry out rectification one by one in accordance with the requirements of one case, one discussion and one garden case. For those that have been completed and need to go through the transfer formalities, in principle, they will be completed by the end of June 2019; for those that need to be recovered, replaced and purchased, they will be completed by the end of September 2019; for those that need to be rebuilt, rebuilt and built, they will complete the relevant construction plan in principle by the end of December 2019 and complete the project acceptance by the end of December 2020.
3. Supervision and evaluation. Strengthen supervision, supervision and evaluation of self-inspection, arrangement, rectification and other links, and conduct spot checks on key links in a timely manner to inform areas where implementation is weak and rectification is not in place.
IV. Organization and Implementation
1. Establishing a coordination mechanism for governance work. A Working Group on the management of kindergartens in urban districts shall be set up. The group leader shall be the Under-Secretary-General of the State Council who assists in the work of education. The members shall be comrades in charge of the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Construction, the Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Civil Affairs and the Ministry of Natural Resources. The joint office of governance is located in the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Housing, Urban and Rural Construction. All localities should refer to the establishment of corresponding working mechanisms and strengthen coordination of governance work.
2. Implementing the division of responsibility for governance. In accordance with the requirements of the planning, construction, transfer and running of kindergartens in residential districts, we should clarify the principal and responsible departments and cooperating departments, establish a joint examination and management mechanism, and effectively carry out the tasks of thorough investigation and comprehensive rectification. Educational administrative departments should take part in the planning, construction, acceptance and transfer of kindergartens in residential districts. The development and reform departments should participate in the planning and layout of supporting kindergarten construction projects in residential districts, and timely go through the procedures for examination and approval, approval or filing of projects that need to be rebuilt, rebuilt or built. According to the national and local allocation standards, the Department of natural resources should plan the supporting kindergartens in urban districts as a whole, incorporate the necessary construction land of the supporting kindergartens into the territorial spatial planning in time, and allocate the construction land according to the relevant provisions. Housing urban and rural construction departments should strengthen the supervision and implementation of the design, construction, acceptance and transfer of supporting kindergartens in urban districts. According to the nature of the kindergarten, the establishment department and the civil administration department shall register the institution as a legal person or the private non-enterprise as a legal person in accordance with the law. Where other relevant departments are required to support and cooperate in the governance work, the local peoples governments at all levels should strengthen overall coordination.
3. Strengthen the guarantee of governance. Local peoples governments at all levels should conscientiously formulate governance work programs, clarify governance steps, refine the division of work, compact Department responsibilities, improve governance measures, and ensure that the governance work is completed on schedule. We should strengthen social supervision and publish the work programme, rectification measures and results of governance to the community in a timely manner. Open channels for people to express their opinions, set up and publish telephone and mailbox for supervision and reporting. We should improve the mechanism of department work linkage, situation assessment and emergency response, properly handle emergencies and resolutely safeguard social stability. The cases of dereliction of duty and violation of law and discipline, such as serious loss of preschool education resources, found in the governance work, should be investigated and held accountable according to the law. We should summarize the governance situation in time, formulate and improve the management measures for the construction of supporting kindergartens in residential areas, and form a long-term mechanism for standardized management.
Provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government) should submit their governance work programs, channels for reflecting opinions, thorough investigation and rectification to the Joint Office of Governance Work in a timely manner.