ARM set up a joint venture to hand over its controlling stake in China to be listed in China

category:Internet
 ARM set up a joint venture to hand over its controlling stake in China to be listed in China


NetEase, May 2nd news, according to the British media, the news sources said that the ARM Holdings under the Softbank will sell the holding power of the Chinese business to a new joint venture with its Chinese partners. The new joint venture started operation in April and is scheduled to be listed on a domestic stock exchange. The new joint venture is named ARMminiChina, registered as Shenzhen, and its 51% stake is owned by Chinese investors including state-owned entities, and the other 49% is held by the UK chip company. According to sources, the IPO of the new joint venture may get a green channel for regulators. In this regard, Softbank and ARM holdings did not immediately comment. Softbank, a Japanese Telecom and investment giant, acquired the UK chip design company ARM in 2016 for 32 billion US dollars. If ARMminiChina is successfully listed, it can help Softbank to reduce its debt. At present, the company has a debt of up to US $147 billion. ARMminiChina is responsible for ARM licensing and royalty trading in China. As the US government blocked many Chinese companies from acquiring US chip companies, the deal was seen as a secret way for China to acquire Western chip technology. (Mu Xiulin) source: NetEase science and technology report editor: Wang Fengzhi _NT2541 The new joint venture is named ARMminiChina, registered as Shenzhen, and its 51% stake is owned by Chinese investors including state-owned entities, and the other 49% is held by the UK chip company. According to sources, the IPO of the new joint venture may get a green channel for regulators. In this regard, Softbank and ARM holdings did not immediately comment. Softbank, a Japanese Telecom and investment giant, acquired the UK chip design company ARM in 2016 for 32 billion US dollars. If ARMminiChina is successfully listed, it can help Softbank to reduce its debt. At present, the company has a debt of up to US $147 billion. ARMminiChina is responsible for ARM licensing and royalty trading in China. As the US government blocked many Chinese companies from acquiring US chip companies, the deal was seen as a secret way for China to acquire Western chip technology. (Mu Xiulin)