Wuhan Evening News reported that the man was angry with his wife because of family trifles. He swallowed a sweater needle up to 16 centimeters to vent his emotions. Since the sweater needle had passed through the duodenum at the time of consultation, the removal of gastroscope failed and the operation had to be performed.
Mr. Chang, 42, is introverted and cares about what others think of him. Last week, he had a few words with his wife about family trifles. He was so emotional that he grabbed a sweater needle about 16 centimeters long and pretended to swallow it. His wife felt that he was in a bad temper, glanced at him without persuasion, but then looked back and found that he really swallowed the sweater needle. Mr. Chang, who swallowed a sweater needle, was also shocked and regretful. They rushed to the hospital to see a doctor. The gastroscope was taken out unsuccessfully and the patient was transferred to hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery.
CT showed that the sweater needle had penetrated the intestinal wall at the turning point of Mr. Changs duodenum and exposed the tip. It was at risk of further damage to the large vessels and colon. The doctor immediately operated on Mr. Chang, opened his stomach, took out the sweater needle and repaired the duodenal rupture.
Zhu Xinfeng, deputy chief physician of hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery, said that once a sharp foreign body is swallowed into the body, it is likely to cause stomach and intestinal perforation, or even perforation of large vessels, seriously endangering the lives of patients. Adults, he warned, should control their emotions and refrain from acting too aggressively.
Source: Responsible Editor of Wuhan Evening News: Li Wan_B11284