Come to the Emergency Department of a Hospital in Liaoning Province
He said, I dont feel well in my stomach and chest.
The doctor asked, Are you injured or whats wrong with your food?
His answer gave everyone goose bumps.
I swallowed a sword last night!
Dagang (alias) is an acrobatic performer in Dalian. He often performs some acrobatic performances. He has an ancient acrobatic performance, swallowing swords, which people can only see in movies and TV plays or hear in legends.
The basic form of this performance is to put a real sword through the throat, through the esophagus, straight into the stomach, leaving only a sword handle outside, very dangerous.
It is understood that Dagang has practiced and performed swallowing swords for many years, and his skills are also very skilled and exquisite. But when he returned home after a performance on the evening of December 13, he felt uncomfortable in his chest and stomach, and he took a rest without thinking too much.
But this night, Dagang felt more and more uncomfortable. On the morning of 14, accompanied by his family, he went to a hospital in Liaoning to see a doctor. He suspected that he was injured while performing.
Hang by the thread
The tip of the sword deviates and pierces the esophagus
Dr. Wang Jinguang and Dr. Wang Peng immediately admitted them to the hospital, and then urgently contacted the Department of digestive endoscopy and anesthesia for multidisciplinary consultation. Thoracic surgery, gastrointestinal endoscopy and anesthesiologists carefully read the CT films before operation, and carefully evaluate the patients before operation.
After examination, the doctor found that, as Dagang suspected, there should have been an accident during his swallowing performance the night before. The tip of the sword, which should have passed through the esophagus to the stomach, had run away and pierced his esophagus. CT examination showed that there was a rupture and perforation of about 1.5 cm in the lower esophagus.
According to the doctor, although this kind of esophageal perforation is not rare, but the length of the perforation is still very large. At that time, the process of sword tip injury to digestive tract was not clear, and the position of penetrating esophagus into mediastinal centrifugal organs was very close, so patients may have infection, pneumothorax and heart complications at any time. It can be said that the patients life is on the line, the situation is very critical!
In order to give patients a better prognosis at the lowest possible cost, after preoperative evaluation, the doctor finally decided on the operation plan: under anesthesia in the operating room, the digestive endoscopy department used carbon dioxide gas to determine the location and size of esophageal rupture, suture under gastroscope as far as possible, to avoid thoracotomy.
The patient entered the two operating rooms of the hospital.
Dr. Sun Kang and Nurse Grimei of Digestive Endoscopy Department, after receiving the task assigned by the director of Digestive Endoscopy, went to the two operating rooms immediately without taking the afternoon break to complete the connection of endoscopy equipment, the connection of carbon dioxide gas supply and the preoperative preparation of endoscopic suture accessories, so as to implement minimally invasive suture surgery for patients as soon as possible.
Occupational disease makes surgery more difficult
At 1350 hours, the patient was sent to two operating rooms. CT showed that there was emphysema in the mediastinum. In order to ensure the safety of the patient, Doctor Wenchao of Anesthesia Department used fiberoptic bronchoscope to confirm that the patient had no tracheal injury before anesthesia, and then anesthetized him.
Dr. Sun Kang immediately performed endoscopic surgery for the patient. Sun Kang found during the operation that because the patient may be engaged in swallowing swords for a long time, his muscular layer and mucosa are thicker than those of the ordinary patients, and the suture under the mirror is not as easy as the conventional suture.
Moreover, after several hours of rupture of the esophagus, the surrounding mucosal edema is obvious. In addition, when the esophagus is inflated under endoscopy after perforation, the esophagus can not be fully filled, and the perforation is located in the third physiological narrowness of the esophagus, which limits the operating space.
Finally, after many efforts, the doctor used five large titanium clips and four small titanium clips to clip the esophageal perforation of the patient, and finally completed the minimally invasive suture under gastroscope.
Subsequently, the doctor continued to inflate (carbon dioxide) under endoscopy to confirm that the wound was sutured well, and then placed a jejunal nutrition tube. Endoscopic suture was successfully completed at 14:40.
It is understood that Dagang is now recovering well and will soon be discharged from hospital.
Esophageal injuries should be treated immediately by fasting
According to Dr. Sun Kang, although the patients injuries were rare and serious, he did a good job, that is, he did not eat again after feeling uncomfortable and possibly injured, and went to the doctor as soon as possible. The whole digestive tract was found to be very clean during medical treatment, which brought great convenience to the follow-up surgical treatment.
Otherwise, food passing through the esophagus may enter the thoracic cavity through a wound or even surround the heart, which will necessitate thoracotomy.
Sun Kang reminds us that once we find out that we may have esophageal injury, we should seek medical treatment immediately, and do not eat or drink water in the process, so as to leave a more convenient environment for follow-up treatment.
This performance is not magic but technology.
And only professionals can do it.
Never try to swallow a sword because you are curious!
Source: Liable Editor of News Night Airlines: Wang Lishan_NBJS7182