[Global Network Report] The problem of gun violence in the United States is getting worse and worse. The latest data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that nearly 40,000 people in the United States died under guns last year, a new high in nearly 40 years. On average, 109 people are killed by guns every day. At the same time, 24,000 people committed suicide by gun in the United States last year, a new 18-year high.
According to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 397,000 people in the United States died at gunpoint last year, 60% of them committed suicide, and the rest 40% died at gunpoint, Hong Kong Eastern Network reported Wednesday. In terms of race ratio, white males commit suicide by gun at the highest rate, 14 out of every 100,000 people commit suicide by gun, which is higher than that of black males at 6.1.
The data also showed that Alaska, Montana and Wyoming had the highest gun suicide rates in the United States. Organizational analysts who advocate gun control say possessing guns at home can double the risk of suicide.
However, the National Rifle Association (NRA), which has always opposed gun control, wrote on Twitter that gun control does not solve the problem of gun violence, calling on American leaders to stop demonizing NRA members and find solutions to save more lives.